Thursday, June 3, 2010

i'm back :)

so i’ve been back for a while now. couple weeks i think. and only now am i finding the time, energy and most importantly, motivation to write something.

so last you heard from me i was on my way into china. come to find out they have this nifty block on blogger there, so no contact with the blogging world for me. sadness.

my plan going to china was to stay until january. well, weeks turned into months which turned into more months… before i knew it i was signing a new contract for a few extra months. i ended up staying until the middle of may.

it was an experience. i think (and hope) i’ve got china out of my system for a while. you see and hear and eat and experience a lot in a foreign country in 9 months. it’s so weird now for me to go to a store where i can actually talk to the cashier. well, more accurately, talk about more than “do you want a bag? (你要不要袋子?)” and “your total is 9.50 (九筷五十).” and to have a car at my disposal, to drive down roads where i don’t feel like death is waiting for me around every turn, on my way to the library that has lots of english books, or the stores that sell clothes i like and food i recognize.

before i came home i read up on re-entry shock and was preparing myself for being unable to re-adapt to life. for me, it’s been a non-issue. maybe it’s because i’m not jumping right back into the working world, but i’m actually really enjoying being back in my country.

over time i’ll try to post stories about some of my experiences in china. and present life, because sometimes present life is also quite fascinating…

4 comments:

  1. I missed your blog and am so glad to see you are back! I plan to e-mail your mom soon and get all the latest on your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your back safely! Can't wait to hear all the stories.

    ReplyDelete