Tuesday, February 10, 2009

apple cinnamon


do any of you remember dannon apple cinnamon yogurt? it was available for purchase at your local martin's supermarket in the mid-1990's. it was my favorite. the only flavor worth buying in my humble opinion. but then some high-powered, over-paid, under-educated, unknowledgeable dannon executive decided to cut the production of the flavor. i was crushed. i had to make do with mediocre peach and blueberry and raspberry flavors. 

until today.

i visited our local foodland grocery store with a coupon for yoplait yogurt in hand the other day. i parked myself and my shopping basket in front of the display and read through the flavors: which fortunate canisters of yogurt would be coming home with me?

then i saw it.

apple turnover.

hmmm... turnovers are apple-y and cinnoman-y, are they not? i thought to myself.

i was not disappointed. it's just as good as i remember the dannon yogurt being. i am pleased beyond all reason.

this morning, i read through the foodland ad for this week. yoplait's on sale this week: 10/$6 and i have another coupon besides that. i am thinking of abandoning all second-rate flavors in persuit of the only one worth my consumption: apple turnover.

No comments:

Post a Comment